Saturday 30 March 2019

Bird watching an important aspect of my life

Birding: A hobby

Well guys, here I am again after a long time. I have pursued birding ever since I was a child, knowingly or unknowingly, the eagerness in me to find out where every bird stays and how it survives, does it have parents at home or does it have children to take care of were few of the questions which egged me on and on. My interest was even more kindled when from the Kolkata book fair my father bought me a book "Some Indian Birds". This was an epic book which turned my thoughts and however few pages the book might have, they included the most commonly viewed bids viz the Crow, the Common Myna, The hill myna, etc etc. A small paragraph stating the birds nature food habits and lifestyle was all that was there. Slowly the inquisitiveness in me got the better of me however nothing can ever surpass the practicality a middle class boy faces during youth. So in spite of several thoughts and afterthoughts, I could not take up birding as a profession. However at present when almost all is settled, I have the opportunity to be in the vicinity of Keoladeo National park, Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India. This has allowed me to usurp the opportunity to visit the place as much as I can and also now I do have a camera at my disposal to etch my cherished memories forever with me. Enough talk now I would like to bring to light those less lucky ones to visit the national park what all ecstasies are there.

1.   The Green Bee eater:



2.  The Black beaked Ibis

3.  The brown magpie

4. The grey Hornbill
5. The green pigeon : This one is easily not seen in the eastern or southern part of India.
6. The spoonbill



7.   The Grey owl: Most difficult to spot during day.

Thats all for today folks. If you like them let me know in the comments and obviously tell me how to improve. Thanking you.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful collection...looking forward to many more work of your.

    ReplyDelete